- RSS Channel Showcase 9096544
- RSS Channel Showcase 8440125
- RSS Channel Showcase 3006003
- RSS Channel Showcase 1374919
Articles on this Page
- 03/28/13--08:42: _Tougher penalties a...
- 04/25/13--12:59: _Big fine for undera...
- 05/02/13--09:12: _Two cars impounded ...
- 06/18/13--11:28: _Driver caught going...
- 01/14/14--11:01: _Do you get a lot of...
- 04/24/14--10:15: _Driver caught going...
- 09/23/14--16:18: _Abbotsford school b...
- 04/21/16--09:35: _Parents in the car ...
- 05/09/16--08:25: _Mom in car as ‘L’ d...
- 05/21/16--08:42: _Drive carefully as ...
- 07/03/16--10:00: _Police reminding dr...
- 08/12/16--07:47: _Study reveals the r...
- 07/30/17--09:33: _Police look to crac...
- 07/30/17--11:36: _Grieving mother hop...
- 09/13/17--06:35: _Young driver clocke...
- 03/05/18--11:04: _Overhauling speed l...
- 05/03/18--18:53: _New tool targets sp...
- 05/18/18--13:41: _Uptick in crashes o...
- 05/19/18--12:02: _Delta Police use so...
- 03/28/13--08:42: Tougher penalties alone won’t end excessive speeding: expert
- 04/25/13--12:59: Big fine for underage driver who hit 175 km/h in Abbotsford
- 05/02/13--09:12: Two cars impounded for street racing in Abbotsford
- 06/18/13--11:28: Driver caught going twice highway speed limit on Van Isl
- 01/14/14--11:01: Do you get a lot of speeding tickets? Don’t blame your car!
- 04/24/14--10:15: Driver caught going 181 km/hr with child in car
- 09/23/14--16:18: Abbotsford school bus driver caught speeding through school zone
- 04/21/16--09:35: Parents in the car as ‘L’ driver caught speeding in Abbotsford
- 05/21/16--08:42: Drive carefully as you hit the road this long weekend
- 07/03/16--10:00: Police reminding drivers to watch speed in school zones this summer
- 08/12/16--07:47: Study reveals the real cause behind gridlock
- 07/30/17--09:33: Police look to crack down on dangerous drivers
- 07/30/17--11:36: Grieving mother hopes province will adopt parts of ICBC report
- 09/13/17--06:35: Young driver clocked at 160 km/hr, say West Vancouver police
- 05/03/18--18:53: New tool targets speeders for High Risk Driving Month: RCMP
- 05/18/18--13:41: Uptick in crashes over the long weekend, ICBC warns drivers
- 05/19/18--12:02: Delta Police use social media in effort to drive down crash numbers
More than 16,000 cars have been impounded since late 2010 after drivers were caught going 40 km/h over the posted speed limit. But one expert feels we need a cultural shift to curb the behaviour.
Mounties say a 15-year-old boy took his parents' car without asking and was caught going 175 km/hr on the freeway in Abbotsford. The boy has been fined more than $1,000.
Two 20-year-old men were caught going up to 150 km/hr on Mount Lehman Road last night. Their cars have been taken away. The drivers have also been given fines for excessive speeding.
Mounties say the driver was going 221 km/hr in a 110 km/hr zone on Island Highway near Campbell River. The man was given a ticket for excessive speed; his car was impounded for seven days.
Abbotsford Police looked at the numbers; while people who drive Cadillacs, BMWs and Acuras tend to get more tickets, the difference is very small. They say it's all about the driver.
A Ferrari was pulled over at 176th and 32nd after it was caught going 101 km/hr over the posted speed limit. A child was in the car at the time. Five members of the same family, including two young kids, were killed at the same intersection last year.
Abbotsford Police Cst. Ian MacDonald says the driver was caught going 50 km/h in a 30 km/h zone on Bevan Avenue. MacDonald says there were children on board and the school district has been notified.
The young girl was hit with an excessive speeding fine, the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles has been told and her parents' car has been impounded.
A young driver with a learner's permit has been busted going 30km/h over the speed limit on Highway 1 on Mother's Day -- with their mom in the car.
There are some bad habits that have police worried as drivers hit the road this Victoria Day Long Weekend. Some of the biggest problems include speeding, distracted driving, tailgating and failing to yield.
Just because classes are out for the summer, it doesn't mean you can put the pedal to the metal in a school zone. Officers are reminding you the low-speed limits are still in place.
Japanese researchers say the cause of many traffic jams is bad drivers. They found people can't seem to maintain a steady speed and keep hitting the brakes.
Police are looking into whether more officers should be doing traffic enforcement to help crack down on dangerous drivers.
A grieving mother is speaking out in favour of some recommendations made in a new ICBC report, despite the possibility of significant rate hikes.
The post Grieving mother hopes province will adopt parts of ICBC report appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Police in West Vancouver impounded a vehicle belonging to an 18-year-old after clocking it going 160 km/hr on the Upper Levels Highway early this morning.
The post Young driver clocked at 160 km/hr, say West Vancouver police appeared first on NEWS 1130.
A UBC professor says changing BC's approach to enforcing speed limits could provide key help to the financially-crippled ICBC.
The post Overhauling speed limit enforcement could help ICBC finances: academic appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Just in time for BC High Risk Driving Month, the Coquitlam RCMP is announcing their new "Black Cat Radar" unit to target speeders.
The post New tool targets speeders for High Risk Driving Month: RCMP appeared first on NEWS 1130.
On average over the Victoria Day long weekend, two people die and 490 people are injured in 1,900 crashes according to ICBC.
The post Uptick in crashes over the long weekend, ICBC warns drivers appeared first on NEWS 1130.
Police typically don't tell you where they'll be setting up speed traps or distracted driving checks, but officers in Delta are trying something new.
The post Delta Police use social media in effort to drive down crash numbers appeared first on NEWS 1130.